Organizing A Food Drive
Steps For Success
1) Designate a date and length of time the food drive will run.
Examples: 1 week, 2 weeks, 1 month (every Friday in a month with a final collection at the end of the month), etc.; whichever works best for your schedule!
2) Two weeks prior to first date of food drive, help advertise the food drive. You can use our logo, fliers with current pantry needs, Facebook posts on your page announcing the event including photo slides of past food drives you have conducted if available, and verbal announcement by leader(s) of your event.
3) First date of food drive, distribute bags, if using, to team members to take home, fill, and return to the church.
4) Designate a drop-off point where everyone can leave donations.
5) Collect donations and coordinate delivery to Neighbors Nourishing Neighbors Food Pantry with our Operations Manager,